cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cannot connect to outgoing email server" for workspace email on outlook 2016

I've tried adding my Workspace account to Outlook2016. The problem is, even when I've entered in everything correctly (pop.secureserver.net for incoming mail server, smtpout.secureserver.net for outgoing mail), checked the server ports for POP3 email, AND entered in the right password for the email account, it still says: "Send test email message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) email server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)."

I've also tried using the other non-default SMTP ports, but then I get a message that I'm using the wrong email, so I think I'll stick to the default.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: "Cannot connect to outgoing email server" for workspace email on outlook 2016

I'd use the IMAP settings found in your mail settings part of your Godaddy account. The servers are different that the standard pop.secureserver.net and I've had no issues with them.

Re: "Cannot connect to outgoing email server" for workspace email on outlook 2016

using IMAP results in my password being rejected.