cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Hello team,

I am new to godaddy web hosting,and my requirement was to to host one of the existing website in Godaddy site.

I have created subdomain and tried to browse the empty website then i got response as Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain then i searched the community,in some of the post they suggested to clear the browser cache and cookies and some of them suggested to add the A record in DNS setting...i tried all of them but no luck...

Please help me to solve this

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Re: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Hello 

Here are some recommendations and things to check to fix the error (sorted in order by most common reasons we see):

• Release and Renew IP Address
  • Restart DNS Client Service
  • Change DNS Servers
  • Reset Chrome Flags
  • Disable VPN and Antivirus Temporarily
  • Check Your Local Hosts File
  • Check DNS of Your Domain
  • Restart Your Computer

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
Solution

In the Command Prompt type the following commands and press enter after entering each one of them:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /all
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset

Fix-DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN_easiest-way

Please read full 2019 guide how to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Highlighted
New

The DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN problem was started due to incompatibility of IP addresses with computer DNS. To be more technical, DNS converts all messages from a domain into a form of IP address. The real problem arises when someone enters a URL in their browser; it's up to DNS to find a server with the appropriate server IP address. While in the general case, the search process is directed to the target site, but if the DNS fails, this will produce an error. Changing DNS server to Google DNS or OpenDNS , or remove all cookies and cached files on your browser will help to resolve this issue immediately. Like any other error, there are several ways you can solve these problems by yourself.

Release or Renew Your IP Address
Change DNS server
Restart DNS Client service
Reset hosts file
Reset Chrome Flags
Reset Winsock program