cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Cancelling and getting refund of SSL purchase

I have purchased an SSL certificate a few days ago but quickly realized that I'm having problems using it.

Now I'm trying to cancel this purchase and get refund. Now I can see how to cancel it but I'm afraid that cancelling alone will not get me refunded. Chat is offline since.

How can I cancel my purchase and get refund? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Employee
Employee

Re: Cancelling and getting refund of SSL purchase

HI @assaf

Thank you for your post. The best way to handle this would be to call in to our customer support line as all refund must be processed through our customer service channels.  

Below I have listed a link to all our support contact numbers and their times of availability.

Customer service by country |  https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Hope this helps,

-Techfly 

New

I don't have GoDaddy's customer support in my country (Israel). I don't even know how to call abroad. Just to figure it out and buy a plan is a hassle. Moreover, calling abroad will probably cost me more than the refund itself.

Back in the time I used to handle those things using the chat. Now there is no chat service. Is there a way to ask for a simple refund without having to grow my expenses?

Thank you,

Assaf.

Hi please cancel this subscription

Hi, I just talked with the agent regarding the same issue. 

Cancelling SSL purchase does NOT mean it is going to be refundable.

Solution

Hopefuly this is sorted now but for anyone else who comes across this, the community can't request a refund for you and this will have to be done by GoDaddy staff.

Either call or chat with them to request this;

https://godaddy.com/help/request-a-refund-from-godaddy-8849