cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Help with SSL install

Hello,

I purchased an SSL certificate for my website - www.odesfinancing.com , and I am a little unsure on how to install it on my site. This website is just an index.html page that I have hosting a form. I want to make the site SSL so we can capture more sensitive data to help our customers with financing. But, when I get the SSL badge code and add it to the footer of my index.html file, it does not appear. What am I doing wrong? And how can I get the "https://" to show on the address line?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Help with SSL install

Hey there @ode2019 

Here's a helpful guide to all things SSL at GoDaddy. The one section you will likely want to focus on in particular is here.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@ode2019 

In your cPanel account you should be able to add the SSL Certificate for your domain. Once you do that you may also have to add some code to your .htaccess file in order to "force" the site to be over HTTPS

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I downloaded my root and intermediate certificates fine.  I uploaded them to the server (apache). My problem is that when I choose the certificate to go ahead and install in, it shows the right certificate (all FQDNs etc), populates the required fields for public key and all else except for it won't auto populate the private key field.  Since it's a required field for the form, I can't move forward.  I tried all the .key files I have found using cPanel File mgr,  even generated new ones and it keeps erroring out with "public and private keys don't match".  <--parapharased the error.  Thanks for any help you can provide.  GoDaddy will charge me $100 for what is really a simple process when it works.  Their how to video shows the private key field autopopulating which isn't reality in my case. 😕