cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to install SSL certificate in Deluxe linux Hosting

hi, have a plan with Deluxe hosting. I recently bought a standard SSL  certificate. I successfully download the certificate but i could not install via my Deluxe hosting. there no TSL/SSL manager. 

11 REPLIES 11
Employee
Employee

Re: How to install SSL certificate in Deluxe linux Hosting

You should be able to apply that to a domain in your hosting via the SSL tool in your products. 

There is no SSL tool for Deluxe (non-CPanel) hosting. How do we add a certificate?

Solution

Hi @seckboy, thanks for posting.

SSLs can only be manually installed on cPanel hosting. If you are using an older hosting plan, one that is just labeled as Web Hosting, only SSLs purchased in the same customer account can be installed.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

How do we install it then? I have been trying for a while and there is no solution that doesn't involve cPanel.

I am having the same issue, if I upgrade to the ultimate hosting would I be able to install ssl certs?

Employee
Employee

You don't need to upgrade to be able to install your cert

Wanna bet?

Go into CPanel and look for SSL. There is a manual tool for installing certifictes in Deluxe.

The deluxe hosting does not have cPanel
Super User III
Super User III

@jabarlocker 

There's a very good chance that you're on the older web hosting and not the cPanel Linux offering that is standard today. I would give phone support or live chat a chance and they should be able to help you install it. I tried to find some documentation on the older servers but couldn't find any.

You should also consider upgrading to a newer platform as I believe the PHP only goes to 5.6 on the old hosting.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

The Deluxe Hosting is the older one. I've been off of it for a while now because the old system kept pushing for me to get a SSL but it couldn't apply it.