cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Keep geting the same returns

Hello New World,

I'm Nigel from East Sussex in England and I've just signed on to Community and I'm looking forward to talking with some of you.  I've built a database for Pagans like me (The Old Religion is attracting new members all the time).  The problem is, I've set up a code signing certificate for my programme and in the final stages I just cant get it to sign.

I've set up my pfx file, set a password and downloaded SDK for Windows 10 (incidentally, the guide on the GoDaddy site is for Windows 7).  I've used Command Prompt to sign my file, but it just wont do it.  It's not unsuccessful, it just doesn't take the command.  Firstly it couldn't find SignTool, so I fixed it with this: set PATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.16299.0\x86\signtool.exe";%PATH%.  Then I added the rest of the prompt so it read: C:\Users\Nigel>set PATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.16299.0\x86\signtool.exe";%PATH% signtool sign /f C:\File path and name.pfx /p password /tr http://tsa.starfieldtech.com /td SHA256 C:\File route and name.exe (with the file names, paths and password set accordingly) and pressed enter.  What does it return, well this: C:\Users\Nigel> (the default prompt).  It just doesn't take the command.  And of course, my programme doesn't get signed.  So where am I going wrong?  Is it something to with SDK for Windows 10?  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.  

Regards to you all,

Nigel.