cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Profession Opinion Letter to obtain an EV SSL

We are now at the point of obtaining a Profession Opinion Letter in order to continue the process of obtaining an EV SSL. GoDaddy has provided us with a link to an online interactive Profession Opinion Letter template. To view/edit this template, you must be logged into your GoDaddy account. Printing this template, to paper or PDF, would require the requested information to be written by hand. Nothing professional about that. How do we give this template to our attorneys, or accountants, without granting access to our GoDaddy account? Thanks in advance for your reply.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Profession Opinion Letter

Hi @NickInElgin,

making a late evening meal (Scotland time) at mo but will get back later. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @NickInElgin,

Got back as promised. I don't understand your problem. As you can see, there are many options on what to do with this template:

I should add that if you want to be able to fill this out via digitally, then a professional would use ADOBE Acrobat Pro to send the PDF file for digitally filling it out. Nothing wrong with pens and paper, but over 100's or 1,000 of miles? 

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 23.53.55.png

Hi community,

Does anyone know an affordable lawyer/solicitor firm who can complete my professional opinion letter to get SSL ev for my UK based company. I have reached out to a few but not many are understanding the context.

Thanks!

R

Solution

Hello richkane100,

To obtain our Profession Opinion Letter, we did not use our attorneys. Each time we call them, for anything, we can expect a bill for at least $1,000.00 US, or more in many cases. Our accounts would not provide one. Some will. Perhaps yours will. You may want to check with them. Our POL came from our account manager at the bank where we do business. It was a very simple letter, stating that we have business accounts with the bank and that we are a state registered business. The account manager placed his notary stamp on the letter, the letter was accepted, and the SSL was granted. Good luck in your endeavors!

Nick