cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SSL NOT GETTING REGISTERED

I recently got a certificate from GoDaddy and my website n domain even are hosted in GoDaddy as well. The certificate is issued as a status but my site has become unsecure it has not taken any details from the certificate.. it's states as a fake certificate and the browsers are throwing warning not to access the site. This is more than 24 hours and still the status quo.. by buying SSL I wanted to secure the site but it's become the other way.. below is the site link pmobytes.com
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Community Manager

@aamiryes - Strange. I'm not sure why you're seeing that message. When I checked your site just now, it loaded without an error. Perhaps the DNS change just needed a little time to propagate. 

pmobytes.jpg

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

its not the DNS propagating time, the issue inconsistent, it works sometimes with IE and other times now with chrome.. i am not able to figure out, reported to support they are confused as well. i have doubt on my dns settings below.. i dont know if this @ proxied entry is correct and then i was getting lookup 2 ip addresses so i put 2 host A records against pmobytes. dont know if this is correct as well.. can u advise..thx

dns.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Hi @aamiryes. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! My guess would be that your domain is not pointed to the correct IP address for your hosting. Adding an SSL Certificate on a shared hosting account usually changes the IP. Most of the time this is updated automatically but sometimes the update fails. I recommend looking up the correct IP address for your hosting and making sure that your domain is pointed to that IP with its A Record. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

the domain is also purchased from godaddy and i dont have an option to check the A record or change it?

Community Manager

@aamiryes wrote:

the domain is also purchased from godaddy and i dont have an option to check the A record or change it?

@aamiryes - In that case, your domain may be using DNS outside of GoDaddy. If so, you'll want to check with your DNS provider on how to update your A Record. Your provider will be whoever hosts the nameservers for your domain. If you are using GoDaddy nameservers but aren't able to update your A Record, please get in touch with our customer care team. 

hi 

your suggestion was good but it partly fixed the problem, now the site is working from certain devices and gives same error from others. for example if i use IE on my laptop it works as a secured site and then chrome it gives an error. below below

Untitled.jpg

Community Manager

@aamiryes - Strange. I'm not sure why you're seeing that message. When I checked your site just now, it loaded without an error. Perhaps the DNS change just needed a little time to propagate. 

pmobytes.jpg

its not the DNS propagating time, the issue inconsistent, it works sometimes with IE and other times now with chrome.. i am not able to figure out, reported to support they are confused as well. i have doubt on my dns settings below.. i dont know if this @ proxied entry is correct and then i was getting lookup 2 ip addresses so i put 2 host A records against pmobytes. dont know if this is correct as well.. can u advise..thx

dns.jpg

I am having the same problem. Support keeps telling me they fixed it and it should be up in 2 to 4 hrs and every time there is nothing.