cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Spamhaus Blacklist

Well not sure if this correct place for this post but it is security related .

During a Wordfence scan on my website it came back with your IP is on a Spamhaus  Email Blacklist .

I do not use domain named email from Go Daddy  & prefer to use Gmail .

But the fact is the server hosting my website probably hosts thousand of sites & one or more sites may be infected & sending out spam email , there may also be a risk of cross site infection .

Initially  on contacting go daddy I was told by the person on the end of the line that he could not do anything about the issue !

So i put down the phone on him because obviously he was a fool , rang support again & spoke to somebody more knowledgeable but I am still not convinced that he took me seriously .

The Go Daddy IP that is blacklisted on Spamhaus is 160.153.137.14 .

10 REPLIES 10
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Spamhaus Blacklist

@Docmason 

Shared IPs are blacklisted routinely on all major hosting providers due to situations like this. Your best bet is to get a dedicated IP address or move to Business Hosting/VPS/Dedicated Server.

Things like this are why I specifically stay away from shared hosting.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@MrVapor 

But the IP address 160.153.137.14 is owned by GO-DADDY-COM-LLC, it doesn't change anything if he purchased a dedicated or private machine.

Also  another 3 IP addresses belonging to Godaddy are blacklisted, and maybe more.

188.121.43.196 and 188.121.43.202 and 188.121.43.195

I have the same problem, I cannot send emails to some recipients. The emails bounce back with a clear message on IP being blacklisted. an the IPs are owned by "GoDaddy.com, LLC".

Calling the support is waste of time.

Regards,

Super User III
Super User III

@psytanium 

Yes, on shared hosting you also have a shared IP address. These are typically blocked by email providers because a lot of people use the email functions of the server to spam or, more likely, the email has been compromised due to weak passwords or clicking links to malware in the email and they spam without the user ever knowing if they don't know how to check. 

So, the easiest way to circumvent this issue is to buy a dedicated IP address that doesn't fall into blacklisted range. Additionally, you can purchase something better than shared hosting and you'll likely never have the issue again. Unless, of course, your email get compromised due to the lack of attention to standard security practices. 

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@MrVapor 

Hi again,

I have to reply just to put this topic back on track, the blocked IPs belong to Godaddy, Godaddy is the OWNER.

I own a dedicated IP running on a VPS server, my IP is not blacklisted, but those IPS belong to Godaddy and the support team should work on those issues. 

But they don't want to fix it because they have to pay some penalty fees to the port blocking their relays.

Please make sure you read the replies very well before you sugar coat Godaddy, this will lead to misinforming people reading.

Again, all those blocked IPs belong to GODADDY. The owner is "Organization: GoDaddy.com, LLC (GODAD)". You can fetch the IP info with any tools online.

Blocked IPs : 188.121.43.196 and 188.121.43.202 and 188.121.43.195 and 160.153.137.14

Regards,

Super User III
Super User III

@psytanium 

I'm just telling you how things actually work in the world and not how we'd like them to work. There are options you can use to prevent this. 

Also, this happens at EVERY major hosting company that has shared hosting. EVERY SINGLE ONE. So, it's not a GoDaddy thing. It's an industry thing. The solution at every hosting company? Dedicated IP address or upgraded hosting, or use a professional email service for your business instead.

@MrVapor 

The solution to this issue is not to upgrade to a dedicated server and have a dedicated IP address. Because the blocked IPs are not a server IP, it's a relay IPs belonging to Godaddy. Upgrading servers don't help here.

I know every hosting company suffer from spams to a certain level. But most companies even the cheap ones can whitelist IPs in max 2 days, now 1 month have passed and still I can't send emails.

Regards,

Super User III
Super User III

They are SHARED IP addresses on SHARED hosting. 

The way to get around this is to not have a shared IP. It's not a difficult concept.

I understand it's frustrating but it's not something GoDaddy-centric. It's how shared hosting works. 

Ok, I understand from you that Godaddy VPS Servers are running on the same network with the Shared Servers, that's why if a shared server send out spams, the whole network is blocked on certain ports.

I think the same applies if you have a dedicated server, if 1 server send out spams the whole network where the dedicated servers are running will get blocked on certain ports.

In both cases, 1 month is too long to whitelist IP addresses. Something is wrong. and thank you for understanding the frustration, I'm trying to improve my business, and I keep hitting painful walls every while, and every time it's not my fault.

Regards,

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

You are incorrect. Shared servers are shared servers with shared IPs.

Getting a dedicated IP address, a VPS with a dedicated IP address, or a Dedicated Server with a dedicated IP address will correct the issue.

Having to get a dedicated ip on a dedicated sever is not acceptable .

Go daddy should have the technology & expertise to hand  so they can track down the infected domain , isolate it & take of line .