cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

"Your connection is not fully secure" Google Chrome

Hello,

I recently added a SSL certificate to my website but I am still getting a message on google chrome to say "your connection to this site is not fully secure"

Is there a reason for this? What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: "Your connection is not fully secure" Google Chrome

Hi,

Most likely you have "mixed content". Visitors to sites protected by SSL expect (and deserve) security and protection. When a site doesn’t fully protect or secure all content, a browser will display a “mixed-content” warning. Mixed content occurs when a webpage containing a combination of both secure (HTTPS) and non-secure (HTTP) content is delivered over SSL to the browser. Non-securemixed-content-errorcontent can theoretically be read or modified by attackers, even though the parent page is served over HTTPS. To fix this you would need to be able to identify the non secure content within the code of the site. Most common day browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have an ability to look at the code in a developer stance meaning its like  debugger console built into the browser. In Google Chrome you would right click on the page that is displaying the warning and select "Inspect." On Mozilla Firefox same idea but they call it "Inspect Element." Once you have done look for any "Mixed Content" warnings. If you are using wordpress also make sure that you install a "Force SSL" plugin to automatically make all pages ssl secured. Hopefully this helps!

yow man! thanks for your guide! even i didn't need any plugin after lighted me in with the issue Smiley Wink Greetings.

New

Thank you so much for sharing this! The WP plugin worked Smiley Very Happy