cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

secureserver.net SSL cert has expired.

My cpanel login and email pop links are now producing cert errors because GoDaddy has let the SSL cert for secureserver.net expire. Please renew your cert!.

xxxxxxxxxxxx.prod.iad2.secureserver.net:2083 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on Saturday, January 20, 2018 11:58 AM. The current time is Saturday, January 20, 2018 1:27 PM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey everyone, 

As @kdb has pointed out, our teams were able to get this issue finally worked out with our vendors. If you're still seeing an alert with any of your cPanel email accounts indicating an expired certificate, please reach out to our live support teams so they can investigate the account further and get that corrected. 

Appreciate your understanding and look forward to everyone's continued participation in the Community! Smiley Happy

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

102 REPLIES 102

Getting the following error when launching cPanel from the GoDaddy main products page as a hosting plan customer.

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information froma2plcpnl0738.prod.iad2.secureserver.net (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Automatically send some system information and page content to Google to help detect dangerous apps and sites. Privacy policy

This server could not prove that it is a2plcpnl0738.prod.iad2.secureserver.net; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Saturday, January 20, 2018. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

-----

I imagine only phone support can take care of this?

Same here.

same here

Untitled1.png

Looks like the hold times are at 50+ minutes. I've scheduled a callback. I'll update if I get any new info.

Any luck?

Still broken for me.

Apologies, the SSL certificate on that server expired. Our admins are working to get it updated ASAP.

You're fine to tell your browser to ignore the security warning if you need to manage your site.

It's still broken.

Same here. Still broken.

Still down this is slack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sort of stuff always happens on the weekends.

The workaround is to create (or accept) the security exemption for now.  When the new cert is installed, you'll have to accept the new cert.  Its a pain, but you'll be able to access the backend.

New

I get the same thing - says it expires today.  You'd think they could manager their own certs.  Hopefully someone's on it already.

So...for those who have been arojnd GoDaddy awhile, is this a regular occurence? My business, like most others, depends on email service performance.

I haven't been with GoDaddy for a long time, just a few years but this is the first time I've seen this. The certification that expired affecting my email and cPanel had a 3 year span. I tested my e-mail delivery and receiving and its not affecting that side of it, but my e-mail clients are barking about the expired certification.

But I will be honest, other things have turned me off to GD recently. I rolled my plan on a month to month while I explore other options. Thankfully, my domain name is not with GoDaddy.

Employee

Our bad, we are aware the cert has expired. Our admins are working on getting a valid cert installed. You're fine to bypass the security warning in your browser if you need to work on your site.

I can't bypass it on my iPhone.  Just gives the warning and won't download email.  Any update? 

Same here.. this is freaking annoying..

Question for godaddy: will me emails still be there once you get fixed then downloadable or am i continuing to lose business?

Email is continuing to function. The messages will be there when you're able to connect again.

If you add /webmail to the end of your domain name in a web browser, you should be able to bypass the security warning and check your messages.

For those of us in iphones, it is NOT working. Will not fetch nor send.