cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trustedsite trustmark waste of time/money?

As the subject implies. I have no idea how to get this onto my website. However I see wix offers the 'secure' tab anyway. So is this thing just a waste of time/money?

1 REPLY 1
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: trustedsite trustmark waste of time/money?

This simple answer is "It depends" @archiryan There are some security features I feel are essential like a secure website and SSL certificate. When it comes to things like Trustmark, Norton Shopping Guarantee or some other thing I'd say "It matters if it matters to you and/or your website visitors."

I once had a customer that decide not to use my web design service because she proclaimed "How could you be any good if you don't have a BBB rating?" In real life some people only buy a certain soda, only shop at a certain store or only drive a certain car. I don't personally go after customers who shop specific trusted environments but if I did I'd make sure that my website had all the markings and information needed. Does that help any? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head