cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blogger imported to wordpress

Hi

I've imported by blog from blogger lately to my wordpress newly hosted blog.

The posts were transferred successfully, but pictures are not showing at all;

I tried to regenerate thumbnails plugin to resize all pictures; but still they are not showing.

When I check the media section, the pics are there and attached to the write posts, but they are not showing still.

Tried to detach them and re-attach the pics, but still not working, can you please suggest a way forward.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Blogger imported to wordpress

Hmmm... sounds like the paths could be different than they were on Blogger?  Check the permalinks (Settings > Permalinks) and mirror the URL structure from your Blogger site and see if that makes a difference.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

New

please how do i import my blogger posts to my godaddy website? please help

Super User II

@yinka

There's a plugin for that:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/blogger-importer/

In your new WordPress site go to Tools > Import.  There you will see at the top of the list "Blogger".  Clicking on the Install Now link will download the above importer plugin.

HTH!  Smiley Wink

Judith

New

@Muse thanks a lot! you know i'm new here. i've got lots of questions running on my head. please can i ask you questions anytime? i need guidance. thanksSmiley Happy 

New

@Muse how can i create a blog website with godaddy?

New

@Muse sorry for disturbing. is it after i launch a godaddy's  website that i can install wordpress or is godaddy a wordpress site? thanks. Smiley Happy

Super User II

@yinka

First you sign-up for the hosting you want with GoDaddy and then you install WordPress on that hosting. Depending on the hosting you signed up for is how you would then install WordPress.

=> GoDaddy has a step-by-step for Managed WordPress hosting that will help you out with the basics.  You can find that here.

=> If you have the standard Web or Classic hosting you would then install WordPress as an application.  You can find that step-by-step here.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith