cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Error moving my website to deluxe hosting

Hello Everyone,

I have a website for a year now with economy hosting. Five months ago i purchased a deluxe hosting with domain. Yesterday I decided to transfer my Website ioanbtc.com to my deluxe hosting and cancel economy hosting renewal which will expire 5days from now. I search for tutorials found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adBW2oX9LtU&t=705s by incapio. Followed steps made a backup of my website, created addon domain, transferred my web files using filezilla and change name servers of ioanbtc.com. All this is under one account.  And i read it says my website should be fixed within 24-48 hours. Checked my website and it shows this error: 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@ioanbtc.cryptlinks.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

*Not sure what i have done wrong. I would appreciate your help on this. 

6 REPLIES 6
Employee
Employee

Re: Error moving my website to deluxe hosting

There are a few causes of this. First, it's usually a control file, like php.ini, .htaccess, or .user.ini. Also look for a file error_log, it could have more information that would help track down the cause.

New

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have error log file on my website folder as well as those other files you stated. Though i have .htaccess on my primary domain folder. Does that affects my other domain?

New

Is there an online chat support or email support? Calling is too much hazzle i tried to call them today and forward me to hosting department and ask me to wait 20 MINUTES??? I waited until my call got cut off was not able to talk to them at all. 

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Hi Carin,

Did you by chance do the installation/migration to a subfolder on your hosting?  If you did, there are quite a few steps that you'll need to address including the .ini files as @transparent mentioned.  Using subfolders on a cPanel as a primary domain is a common application, but it is much more detailed in setup and configuration than an installation into a root folder. 

I go so far as to have a hosting account that I keep available to do installations into a root folder.  (Can be done by IP address or I use an extra domain name that I keep handy).  Once everything is good to go, I can then do a migration or even assign a domain name to my temporary install.

Even easier, if you happen to be on the managedwp plan, create your new site with a temporary domain and then use the built-in dashboard to change your domain names.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
New

Hi JMPepper,

Thank you for your reply. I was able to get in touch in live support they were able to check my website and after a few hours its now working. And now website is having server issues. Problems never ends.sighs

Though, thanks for the tip ill take note of that for next time. 🙂

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

If the problems continue, let me know.  I'll take a peek and see if there is anything I can help you with!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites