cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Linux WordPress Randomly not showing Images

My website is blw73.com. You can see on the home page how yesterday's post shows all the pictures. But today's post doesn't show the picture. I tried uploading from my phone and my laptop and got the same results.

The link to the image just seems to be wrong but it's random. My website used to be bebopkid.com but I changed it to blw73.com. Since then this has been happening randomly.

Check out the Art Journal link to see how older pictures have randomly disappeared.

I have no clue what to do because there's no rhyme or reason to it.

EDIT: Even the picture's permalink that Wordpress assigned today doesn't work. http://blw73.com/2018/04/05/art-journal-2018-04-05/20180405_134410/

EDIT 2: The First image now shows up, but the link doesn't work, "Sorry, the parameters you provided were not valid"

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Linux WordPress Randomly not showing Images

@BebopKid

Just went to your site and I'm seeing all images!  😉  Even the link you provided displays for me.

Did you try clearing your caches?  (Just to eliminate that being an issue.)

What is odd is when I view the image info for the link you provided, I see:

https://i2.wp.com/blw73.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/20180405_134410.jpg

Not sure why the i2.wp.com is there.  Was that your previous host and you migrated to GD?  I would go through your content and change all the URLs to the local URL for your new hosting (blw73.com).

Being I am unable to duplicate what you describe the above two things are all I've got.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Thanks for looking.

It's still happening on my phone and my laptop. Even after clearing the cache. And the link that works for you doesn't work for me. This is just so random. Doesn't matter which browser I use either. Chrome or Edge. And I'm getting different results from Chrome and Edge but still random errors.

I don't know where that i2.wp.com came from but I think it's always been there. All I did was change the hosting url from bebopkid.com to blw73.com. Nothing else changed except for updates to Wordpress.

Solution

Well, for a while it was random. Images would show up or not. It redirected to a word press archive instead of my site for some pictures.

Then I reverted the Wordpress version. This fixed all the problems except I lost all posts since last August. 

I'm going to redesign my website so it's okay. It just really is a freaking weird problem.

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

@BebopKid

Hmmm... if reverting fixed the issue that may indicate a theme or plugin (or both) conflict with the current version of WordPress.

Don't you have any backups of the site that you can revert to so you can recover the lost posts?

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

I thought so too, but I upgraded and everything still works now.

I think it was going back to the version of the database that fixed it but I don't know.

Thanks