cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Site is super slow on Managed Wordpress

Hi All,

My site (paddingtonforum.com) sits on GoDaddy Managed Wordpress hosting Deluxe Plan and happens to run extremely slow with the average page loading between 20 and 40 seconds. I've optimised all databases, removed unnecessary plugins and there are barely any images on the site. 

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? Is the hosting just extremely slow?

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Site is super slow on Managed Wordpress

@PaddoF    The site shouldn't be that slow with all that you state nor in my experience is it GoDaddy hosting.  Something must be holding up the loading of the page.  You mention barely any images -- one image that's megs in size could slow things down.

Do you have any redirecting going on?  What is in your .htaccess file?  That could also provide some clues.

Another option is to run a GTMetrix speed test to see if that provides any insight for you.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

New

Thanks for your help @Muse. Don't think I have any redirecting going on and not sure what the .htaaccess file is - but will google that.

I did the GTMetrix Speed test and the results were really interesting. The site actually loads super fast, after WP-Json/tribe/events/v1 loads, which holds up the page load by about 30 seconds. 

wp-json/tribe/events/v1/

I have included screenshots and details below. Do you have any idea what this might be?

Thank you so much for your help. 

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

@PaddoF  Are you by chance running The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe?  If so that's the culprit -- and the only thing I can figure out would create the path you included.

HTH!

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Same  problem here but my site uses gmaps and it just stops when accessing the authenticationservice of gmaps then after some seconds it loads very fast but the total load time goes like 40s-1 min