cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Getting Started

Site loads, WP admin does not

Hi there,

I was updating a few plugins and while the site (yurblog.com - wordpress managed) loads fine, I get a 500 error when trying to access the wordpress backend. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II

Hey there @YY_PDF,

It sounds like you're getting some sort of error with either a plugin or theme conflict or it could be the WP core files themselves. Can you turn on debugging and let us know if it gives you an error of any kind when you try to access the wp-admin?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you for the response, @MrVapor Joe.

I can't get past step 1 (Edit the wp-config.php for your website) because whilst doing via Managed WP, nothing happens at Step 3 in this guide: 

3) For the website you want to use, click the three-dot icon and select Settings.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/upload-files-with-sftp-8940

Nothing happens when I select settings. 

Hmm, that's strange.

So, when you log into your Managed WordPress Dashboard (on the GoDaddy side, not the WP dashboard in the site itself) There should be some settings on the right hand side. About halfway down that list is the SFTP settings. Those are the settings you'd use to sFTP into your hosting files.

I would recommend using the IP address instead of the domain name as the Hostname if you have issues. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community