cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Start seeing 503 Errors

Hi,

My client has purchased wordpress hosting (basic) plan and I installed the wordpress site about 3 weeks ago. It's been working fine, but I start seeing 503 error today when I tried to access admin, home or rest API calls. Here is the one of messages I saw from the site (http://qb7.224.myftpupload.com/)

qb7.224.myftpupload.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 503

I tried to deactivate plugins, but this doesn't seem to resolve the issue. I am wondering this has something to do with Godaddy's wordpress server.

503 error seems to be happened once or twice per 10 page refresh.
Is any other people experiencing the same issue now? Moreover, any suggestion to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jin

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Start seeing 503 Errors

@Jink_Cundari 

503 errors typically get returned when the resources of the site are maxed out and the end user can't connect to the server due to this.

It would help to know what the build is like.

• What is the domain name?
  • How many plugins?
  • What type of plugins?
  • What theme are you using?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. Here are answers for your questions.

• What is the domain name?

We haven't setup the custom domain on the site yet. Once we finish testing, we will apply it.

• How many plugins?

The only active plugins are as follows. 

- Admin Menu Editor

- Pods

- Sucuri Security

• What type of plugins?

Admin Menu Editor is for customizing admin menu. Pods is to manage custom content types and taxonomy. Sucuri Security was already provided from godaddy wordpress intallation which is for auditing, malware scanner, etc.

• What theme are you using?

For your information, we are using wordpress as a headless CMS. So we are using admin and rest API calls to manage/populate content from frontend react app. We just use the default theme that

wordpress provided.

Since we're testing the site, only a couple of testers are currently using the site. I would be very worried about the site stability if the resources of the site are already maxed out now.

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Jin

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Jink_Cundari 

Honest opinion? If you're using anything less than Ultimate Hosting you're wasting time and money in my opinion. The Economy and Deluxe options just don't offer enough robust resources to do what most sites need done. I would recommend Economy and Deluxe for standard HTML sites, but WordPress should be on Ultimate and above, no matter how simple the site is. (That's just, like, my opinion, though, man.)

Based on what you're saying though, it makes me think that maybe one of the plugins may be causing it. Possibly a misconfiguration or some errant code causing a zombie process on the server, therefore eating up your resources. 

I think your best be in this instance would be to contact phone support or live chat as they have the diagnostic tools at their disposal to find a true answer. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi Joe,

Big thanks for your time and those answers. I'll reach out Godaddy's contact to see what happens.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Jin