cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video failed to embed

I'm trying to embed a video within a post (I've done this hundreds of times before) - but this time, the source is on AWS S3 (versus Youtube). When I insert the link, it's creating an <a href> tag versus embedding the video. 

I've explicitly tried to use the [embed] tag, to no avail. I found this thread https://wordpress.org/support/topic/youtube-video-not-embedding-1/page/3/ about the issue, but quite honestly, don't understand what the resolution is.

Is this something I need to call GoDaddy about? I'm new to AWS S3, so I'm unsure I have the permissions correct for the file, although thought that View would be good enough.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Video failed to embed

Hi, @esherman68. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

Based on this codex entry, the embed feature only works with specific URL types. I don't see AWS on the list in that article. You may need to find a plugin or some other method to embed that type of video, like an iframe or something. Hope that helps!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.