cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Wordpress post import with medias

Hi, 

I am trying to import posts from 2 website build with wordpress but can't get the media with. 

• Website X posts are exported as xml (using https://wordpress.org/plugins/export-media-with-selected-content/ I can select media )
  • Export did monthly and file size is around 2MB
  • When imported in website Y, I am guetting error 500. 
  • When export is done without image, I am able to see the posts in website Y but without features images, 
  • I uploaded the media folder to the new website but can't see the media in Wordpress Library. 

Please can you help. 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Wordpress post import with medias

@gnagna 

A couple of things - if you are getting a 500 error - in theory there should be an errorlog file to see why it's giving you an error - If I had to guess it might be a memory issue

In regards to upload the media and it not showing - 

I'm guessing you FTPed the files - here is a plugin that can scan the media (files on the server) and add them to the database

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Re: Wordpress post import with medias

Hi @PL281  

Thanks for you reply, you must be right for the memory issue, the thing is I don't know how to get access to the memory log. Anyway I will look at your solution for media scan. But you didn't gave the plugin name, I search and found this one (https://wordpress.org/plugins/media-sync/)  that will try later. If you have another one please advise. 

Thanks