cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

hi I am new and have problems with WordPress and email

I had mail problems and then migrated the domain to Singapore as the business is in Thailand.

This did not go so well.

The site lost all its format and looks like a 3 year old designed it.

3 mail accounts stopped working and when I checked the go daddy configuration files i changed my mail program to reflect this. It did not work and still has issues. ie I have info@*****.com mail box and when you send mail it is bounced back as no such email box. I delete and try again. I test and it works. Then I send email from outside the test config and same error message.

Also Word press. What a mess. I cant even imaging where to begin to resurect this.

And I bought an SSL certificate from go daddy so that people could feel secure when visiting our site and entering personal info. NOPE it dont work either. In fact when people go to click on my website it warns them that the site could be a scam. Customer lose here I think.

Also also also

I could cry as this will take forever to fix as Go daddy sold this to me and now I have to resort to support and each answer can take 72 hours.

thai888.com

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: hi I am new and have problems with WordPress and email

Hi @blackjack2010. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

Wow. That's quite a list of issues Man Sad  I'll see if I can offer you some suggestions.

The site lost all its format and looks like a 3 year old designed it.

One of the nice things about WordPress is that there are many themes to choose from. You may want to investigate using a different theme to change the look of the site.  Some themes even have site builders built into them so you can make changes easily. 

3 mail accounts stopped working and when I checked the go daddy configuration files i changed my mail program to reflect this. It did not work and still has issues. ie I have info@*****.com mail box and when you send mail it is bounced back as no such email box. I delete and try again. I test and it works. Then I send email from outside the test config and same error message.

Since it appears you have a cPanel account, and your domain's DNS is currently pointed toward that for mail, I'm not sure why you wouldn't be receiving it. My guess would be either you have the email set up using a different email service or perhaps your hosting MX Entry settings are incorrect. If you want to host your email on the cPanel plan, you should have an MX Record of mail.thai888.com and have MX Entry settings for "local". You may want to check those settings if you haven't already. 

And I bought an SSL certificate from go daddy so that people could feel secure when visiting our site and entering personal info. NOPE it dont work either. In fact when people go to click on my website it warns them that the site could be a scam. Customer lose here I think.

It appears that the SSL Certificate is installed correctly, but you have links to unsecured content on your site. You'll want to go through your website content to see where you're connecting to HTTP sites or resources. An easy way to do this is to review the source code of the site and just search for HTTP: there. That should give you an indication of what you need to change. 

I could cry as this will take forever to fix as Go daddy sold this to me and now I have to resort to support and each answer can take 72 hours.

Sorry you're having a difficult time. The only time you should need to wait for an answer is if your issue is escalated by our support team on a telephone call. Otherwise, please keep in mind that we do not provide general support via email. Really hope this helps or that you were able to get things sorted out in some way. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted
New

Error number 2. "Error notice: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to smtp.office365.com:25

Hi,

I am trying to send email from my WordPress site using my official office365 business domain but receiving these error :

The SMTP debugging output is shown below:

2017-10-18 08:43:29	Connection: opening to smtp.office365.com:25, timeout=300, options=array (
                   	                  )
2017-10-18 08:43:39	Connection: Failed to connect to server. Error number 2. "Error notice: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to smtp.office365.com:25 (Connection refused)
2017-10-18 08:43:39	SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused (111)

I have tried googling and other stuff nothing has worked but I think Godadyis stoping the connectivity from its firewall. Even though there is no online chat support system now which is weird.

I need Proper Assistance from Godady to resolve this issue.