• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

JPEG format

So I have kind of a strange problem.  We recently migrated an application from internal servers to a GoDaddy VPS (CentOS 6).  As part of that migration we transferred via FTP a folder of mugshots that are used to produce ID cards.  So far so good.  But every new photo we upload to that directory since then is being rejected by our ID card program.  (AlphaCard)  Same camera, same everything else.

When I view the images that were migrated using FTP originally, the properties show:

JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.00, comment: “LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01”

But when we upload individual images, or FTP them since then, the properties show:

JPEG image data,JFIF standard 1.01

Has something changed in the way GoDaddy encodes JPEG? The vendor is telling us that there is a format being used that is not supported by .NET.  I am not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: JPEG format

@papajoe 

If you're a CentOS server, then you're running Linux. If there's something that requires .NET encoding, you need to be on a Windows platform.

All things being equal, it sounds like that maybe your issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: JPEG format

@MrVapor wrote:

If you're a CentOS server, then you're running Linux. If there's something that requires .NET encoding, you need to be on a Windows platform.

Well, that’s what I thought initially, except that the application was working fine on its previous host, which was Ubuntu, another Linux flavor. Also, on September 4 I transferred in over 1,000 photos from the previous host and these all worked fine. But anything I upload since then does not...including a re-upload of one of those earlier photos. There is something about the way these files are now saved that changes their signature.