• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

how to enable comments on blog posts on builder?

Hi,

I'm only 3 days into using the builder for my site and blog.

Is there a way to allow my customers to leave comments on my blog posts?

Thanks for you help!

Kathleenluvstea

156 REPLIES 156
    Helper V
    Helper V

Re: how to enable comments on blog posts on builder?

@Kathleenluvstea,

Are you using GoCentral or standard website builder?...

Does the blog component have comments feature?, Please check the settings...

If comments feature is not available!, GoDaddy must roll-out the feature...

Thank you

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA

So the understanding is that GoCentral doesn't have the feature yet to add comments to blog posts?

Helper V
    Helper V

@Kathleenluvstea,

@JoleneB,

Please call concerned GoDaddy product team to know the latest features...

Thank you

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA
    cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hi @Kathleenluvstea

Thanks for the message.  If you're using the new Blog feature in GoCentral we haven't rolled out Commenting functionality yet.  We're working on a couple things first, but Commenting will be next up.  

Thanks again!

Christie S

Product Manager

GoCentral Blog

New

Thanks for the update!  Is there an ETA for the comments section to be rolled out?  Thanks!

Todd B.

The Vegan Church Cookbook

@cstrasia I would also love to get an estimated time of when you will be rolling out the comments feature that would be great!

I would also like to know the ETA. I'm pretty sure I'll be taking my blog somewhere else if comments can't be enabled. 

Same here. Comments on blogs is a basic function that I too require for my blog site. Just chiming in so GoDaddy product management hears from yet another user requesting this. 

Yes, please add this feature. I really love how my blog hempmama.com looks on this platform, but Really need a comments sections please!

It's been a month since this was posted; any news on when commenting will be available for the blogs? This is very important. 

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hi folks!

I know this is taking longer than we'd all like but this functionality is still at the top of our list.  

Thanks for your patience!

Christie S.

Product Manager

GoCentral Blog

@cstrasia

This is a basic feature of most all blogs, many people have decided to pay for your website builder software and this feature not being available is a drag. Please let us know what your implementation deadline is so we know if we should move on to other resources or wait.

I agree! Please give us a specific time frame so I can decide if I need to switch to a different website host. We pay too much for this not to be included since most other website host already have this or, if they don't, charge much less.

The other thing I'd love to see as well would be for pictures to be able to upload with in the blog. Lets get some ETA's on these features please.

i would also like an update on when comment box will be added to blog page for each post. thanks!

Seriously, how can you not have blog comments rolled out? It's the MOST BASIC blog feature. I paid for the godaddy website build that includes blogging, and it's missing the most basic option.

Also, your blogging color schemes still don't work correctly. There is no way to set the background to actually black in the post. So all my site matches black, except blog entries, which are white, and destroy the overall appearance. 

When is the ETA for comments to be enabled? Need an actual date, not "soon". I'm sure there are quite a few of us who will move our blogs elsewhere without having required support. It's not like your company is a start-up or is short for money.

Without the capability to share the blog post, like it or comment, why would this tool have any value?? this is perfectly USELESS and a waste of time. GoDaddy shouldn't have published a half-baked cake! What are developers doing??? These are BASIC requirements that a user community should NOT have to ask for. This is ridiculous!

I love that my original post and others stating our dissatisfaction with GoDaddys lack of giving care for adding comments function have been deleted. Just to clarify my original post was 2 months ago around and was deleted because it stated that it was ridiculous that this function has not been rolled out since initially being discussed back around October in this thread. Not very ethical to try and put a facade over your failure to care about your customers.  

Not a good sign they go silent after an ETA was asked for, I'm very quickly losing my faith in godaddy. If they didn't think a comments section should have been rolled out along with the blog in first place, they have serious problems. The only was I can put that decision is stupid. Makes me wonder what other issues I will see with godaddy if decisions like this are being made. I for one will not be renewing my subscription. 

cstrasia
    Former Employee

I apologize for the delay in making commenting available. We're still committed to providing this functionality and hope to have it out later this summer / early fall.

I too am thinking of moving my business elsewhere. For the timing of my business, I need this functionality NOW. This is something that can be rolled out within days, and I'm not seeing an answer as to why this has not been done. Can someone offer a straight answer please? 

New

I will be taking my business to WordPress. I NEED blog enabled comments. Why roll out a product without this function. It's like putting out a car with no headlights. 

New

Add me to the list of people waiting for the comments capability for the Blog to become a reality. A few months ago someone said by late June. Now they are saying late summer/early fall? Not a good sign. You are a tech company, are you not? I moved my site to godaddy because it was supposed to have a blog option. A page where you just write stuff with no way for readers to respond is not a blog, it's just another web page! Will someone with authority at this place please address this issue and give us and actual date for implementation? The way it sounds now, this is a really low priority and keeps getting kicked down the road. You've already got our money, so what's the rush? Lousy way to treat the customers that fell for your hype about having a blog that doesn't actually exist? Maybe there's some legal recourse to take here. I'd rather see you just put the money to getting the damned blog going and not legal fees, but that would be up to godaddy. 

It's now July 2018, and no changes to Blog comment capabilities since the assurance offered in April 2018. I do not want to regret switching from the WordPress page I previously hosted via GoDaddy. Is there any update on WHEN the commenting capabilities will be enabled? That's kind of the point of having a blog (otherwise, this would just be an online journal).

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @NatalieShavon,

Thanks for your comments! Recently @cstrasia mentioned that we'll be working on adding comments in the fall. As we know it's not ideal timing, please do know that it's on our schedule to be added to our blog. Take care!

Rachel

PLEASE GET THIS WORKING!! What a drag!!!

I think some sort of refund is in order.  This is a simple request.  Until the blog functionality is up and running charge us a lower rate or give us something.   What type of website are you trying to get us to purchase up to?  Tell us so we can upgrade or whatever it is you need us to do.  

How ironic that these comment sections are live and functioning.

Look at us communicating!

It never even occurred to me to check that my blog could receive comments before signing up for GoDaddy. Really frustrated and incredulous to find out this is NOT ROLLED OUT YET! This needs to be top priority. The option that we have can't even be called a blog. It's an online journal with no interaction. 

VERY disappointed. 

I am really unimpressed with this site... Wasted a bunch of money to get scammed by a site that obviously doesn't care about its customers. I wanted a comment section on my blog and thought there would be as it is a BLOG! UGH. Would've been better off at any other site...

count me in the camp hoping for commenting soon. 🙂

Personally I'm okay waiting until the Fall for this feature... but much longer than that and I would have to switch. Here's to hoping it's rolled out soon!

Also waiting on this feature. Seems basic. Come on, folks!

Highlighted
    New

I need this too (and a share to social media button).

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hi @baca,

As I mentioned above, we're still planning on getting the Commenting functionality out this fall. 

As for a Share to Social Media Button we're working on being able to both:

1. share your blog post on your social media profile

2. let your blog readers share your blog post on their social media profiles

This is right near the top of our backlog along with the commenting functionality and should also be available this fall if all goes according to plan. 

Thanks!

ChristieS

Sr. PM, GoCentral Blog

Blog commenting and social sharing are such basic functionality. We need both ASAP. When will they be available? I am on my town's school board and the people in my town need to be able to comment on my blog. If this functionality won't be available in (literally) a few days, I will have to take my business elsewhere -- which I don't want to do because I like the ease of your product. Thanks.

New

Are you freaking kidding me?!

I'd like an exact date for the rollout of comments. Otherwise I will be moving my blog, hosting and everything to a different platform.

Thank you,

Abe.

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hi @Boozle,

I'd love to provide an exact date for releasing the commenting functionality but unfortunately am not able to as I dont have one. 

I can tell you that we're wrapping up functionality around sending email updates when new blog posts are released. This will be followed by providing the ability to share a post on your social media platforms (also allowing your customers/visitors to share the post on their social platforms). Then we'll be able to move on to the commenting feature. 

We're still planning on releasing this fall, but with so much between now and then I don't have an exact date to share.

Thanks,

ChristieS

Sr. PM, Blog

Just curious as to what month you consider to be "fall"  

I've been wondering the same thing. I really need some form of comments enabled before I'm ready to rollout my blog.

this is seriously absurd. you have the functionality on this section of your website, we are doing it right now... please provide a better timeframe of when this is to be functional

This is a serious flaw with Go Central that needs to be fixed.  This has been discussed since the beginning of this year.  If this feature is not going to be added, please let us know so that we can proceed with another solution.

Wow. Just wow. Talk about poor customer service and terrible business practices. Either roll these BASIC features out or provide an actual timeframe. And no - "we're hoping for fall" isn't a timeframe.You've got 2 weeks and I'm transferring elsewhere.

Pretty poor responses from the admin, going back what appears to be months. It's late summer/fall now; I don't see this function still. 

New

as an in-between step, why not enable HTML addition to the blog, so we can embed e.g. Facebook's commenting feature?  It takes about 2 minutes to copy and paste the code

This is definitely needed and is there any way to see how many views on a particular blog, I need stats for one of my blog posts and cant see anywhere that links to how many views etc?

Add me to the list of those waiting for blog commenting 

I've been reading about this comments problem since April.  Does Wix have a Comments section, or more importantly does WIX have a Blog and a comments section?  I relied on GoDaddy to implement as they said and like a moron bought and built.  This was very important to me.  I pretty much know when upper management has told some juniors to "stall them".  Griping isn't going to get it.  I moved from Blogger after ten years.  I thought I was getting away from a lack of support.

Does anyone know if you can add Disqus to GoCentral Builder or whatever I have?

New

Is GoDaddy willing to refund those of who want to leave? This is like buying a car online and then after it gets delivered, realizing there is no motor. This is a serious flaw.

Again, is GoDaddy refunding folks? At the very least this product should not be sold in it's current form.