cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

500 - Internal Error message

Hi - I am transferring an asp.net site over to GoDaddy. All files have been uploaded, but I am getting the generic Server Error 500 -Internal server error message with no details. I have modified web.cong with the following code 

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<httpErrors errorMode="Detailed" existingResponse="PassThrough"/>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

And turned off Custom Error mode on Hosting Settings (as was recommended in this article

https://www.godaddy.com/help/get-detailed-errors-16085) but am still getting the generic error.

Anyone have any ideas on what else I can do? 

45 REPLIES 45
Solution

Re: 500 - Internal Error message

Hey Dean,

A few things come to mind:

1. Recycle your application pool to make sure your web.config file have taken effect: https://www.godaddy.com/help/recycle-your-application-pool-16131

2. Make sure your web.config file is in the right location. I'm not 100%, but if you have a Plesk hosting account, I think you need to have the file in the web root for the domain (which is one level down from the root of the hosting account itself).

Solution

Thank you so much. DId both and now the site is running! Much appreciated!

I can´t seem to find this option when I click on manage......please help

500 internal server error

i have transfer my website to godaddy. But can't be preview.

Kindly adv what is my problem? Thanks

Appearead error as below:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at 888pokerstars.net

Helper I Helper I
Helper I

Re: 500 internal server error

What does the error log stat? Go to cPanel and towards the bottom you will see 'error logs'.

It could be a cache issue, a permissions problem with the folders or files, htaccess misconfigured, or a PHP timeout. The error log would help narrow the solutions.

~ eVersatile

hello eVersatile,

i have written the htacces file like:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ %{ENV:BASE}index.php [QSA,L]

but still i am facing problem this same file is working well on Shared hosting but i have uploaded same shared hosting website to virtual private server dont know why its not working 

i one directory i have all android services and when i am trying to access that services it showing me internal error 500

please help me out

Prime Business Hosting with cPanel

Internal Server Error

No response from subprocess ( (cpanel)): The subprocess ended prematurely because it received the “KILL” (9) signal.

cpsrvd/11.58.0.19 Server at a2plvcpnl3364.prod.iad2.secureserver.net This is the error that i look on my website, why?? 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Web Server at bombayprintingusa.com

MS SQL and web.config connection string issues - Server 500 error

I could really use some help.  I am attempting to build a connection string that will connect to my MS SQL database.  Here is the scope.  I have no issues connecting to the database from either my PLINK panel or remotely using MS SQL Server on my workstation.  So I know the database name is correct, the user name is correct, and the password is correct.  When I use the below web.config page it produces a 500 Server error when ever I attempt to load any page on my website.  If I remove the Connection String part then the website pages are accessible so I know the connection string is causing the error.  I have removed the Login Name and Password and replaced them with XXXXX's.  

Does anyone have a sample of a connection string from a web.config file they could share so that I could figure out the syntax error problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  And after being on a live chat with GoDaddy support for over three hours I am sure the solution would be valuable for anyone else developing in ASP.NET

My web.config ------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>

<connectionStrings>
<add name="ConnectionString"
connectionString="Data Source=184.168.47.10;Integrated Security=False; Initial Catalog=RedRock_database; User ID=XXXXXX; Password=XXXXXX; Connect Timeout=15; Encrypt=False; Packet Size=4096"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
    <authentication mode="None" />
    <customErrors mode="Off" />
</system.web>

</configuration>

problem in my website

i have the following error randomly Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or bad configuration and was unable to complete your request.

Web Server at eat.ps

Server Error In '/' Application After Uploading ASP.NET Web-App using Visual Studio 2015

When i deployed plain HTML page it is working fine. When i publish aspx page using visual studio the system is throwing this error.

Server Error In '/' Application

I have set trust level as full in web.config. Its a simple hello world application in ASPX page. no complex code.

booking system internal server errors

Hi

I have been running a booking system on a word press site for many months without any issues, today I am getting lots of reports of failed bookings and internal server error screens while trying to make bookings. We have made no changes or updates and the plugin ( appointment booking calendar ) has worked faultlessly until now. Is godaddy hosting / servers experiencing any errors atm or can anyone suggest what I can to to fix this issue?

Run Wordpress on Plesk Windows Hosting get error 500 [Internal Server Error]

I have using Windows Hosting (Plesk), and install WordPress app.

But when add Plugins or Themes in WordPress, it's usually getting error: 500 Internal Server Error

- or

PHP Warning:  An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server&#8217;s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the <a href="https://wordpress.org/support/">support forums</a>. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in G:\PleskVhosts\datnenquan2.net\httpdocs\wp-includes\update.php on line 130

- or some error about connection to MySql.

How to solve this issue.

Internal Server Error

Hello,

I have been seeing the following error message multiple times for my website, which is hosted through GoDaddy. I believe it is a server issue, but why does it only happen with my site? Some insight and assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

---

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

Apache Server at r3chiropractic.com Port 80

Internal Server Error

I have a big problem with mi web www.petsecuador.com. 

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

Subdomain doesn't load

Hey people,

I have my website iamkevinsequeira.com and have created two sub domains within it:

getintouch.iamkevinsequeira.com and videocourses iamkevinsequeira.com

Both have an index.html file, however on videocourses iamkevinsequeira.com loads.

getintouch.iamkevinsequeira.com gives the following error: 

500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Could someone help me understand this problem?

Re: Server Error In '/' Application After Uploading ASP.NET Web-App using Visual Studio 2015

I have same issue, Guys - Any help is highly appreciated..

Thanks

internal server error

Hi,

i have purchased new domain one week before but its constantly show error message Internal server Error every 3 to 4 mint then again refresh page and its remove. plz check this screenshort 

https://www.screencast.com/t/QMa0UgK65Z

i have go through your all posts and follow what they are guide but still no success. kindly check my domain whats the issue 

i hope you know about my domain its leadzworld.com

Thanks 

New

HTTP ERROR 500

Hi we are on dedicated server but not managed and getting this error. We are using woocommerce in our shop and note that we should have PHP 5.6 but we have 5.4 on our server.

The error we are getting when trying to generate an PDF invoice and it's working on my other server so I think it's due to PHP.

I've been told we can update PHP ourselves using EasyApache from version 2.2 to 2.4 - but if we do this will it reset our server? I just want to update PHP but keep everything else (files, email, db etc) as it is.

How do we do this?

Thanks

New

Install nopcommerce

I have Plesk Hosting, I have upload the code for the nopcommerce shopping cart, and I keep getting 500 errors, I believe I have set the correct permissions.  Has anyone ever gotten this program to work, also will GoDaddy offer this as an application to install?

Thanks

htaccess file causing 500 internal error....

I uploaded an updated .htaccess and now I'm getting a 500....it's a simple update so I'm not understanding the problem. Here is the code:

//Rewrite to www
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTPS_HOST} ^dowelltaggart.com[nc]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.dowelltaggart.com/$1 [r=301,nc]

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Helper VI Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: htaccess file causing 500 internal error....

Comments in apache configurations starts with # not //.

Remove the //
~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

Here is the updated code:

Rewrite to www
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on

Still getting the 500 error.....

Helper VI Helper VI
Helper VI
Solution

Sorry, I guess I want clear enough, copy and paste this:

#Rewrite to www
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

Thank you! I appreciate your follow-up.

New

Presta Shop - Uploading file and 500 Internal Server Error

When I upload a small 200 line csv product file to my prestashop ecommerce site I get an internal server error 500. The shop is at www.pipeman.com/pipestore/

Error: Remove wordpress template

I'm not able to remove the Wordpress template linked to the domain. I've also tried editing the domain forward.

Error messages:

There was an error processing your request. Please try again.
An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support.

These domains were not processed due to errors: Domains
Your domains must be in an eligible status.

I've cleared browser cache and tried from different browsers. Nothing seems to work for me.
Please suggest a fix.

joomla 3 can not create menu items 500 server error.

I tried to install the gantry framework on the joomla 3 newest application it not letting me work my menus. So i unstalled gantry framework and its templates but the problem still happening with the basic template i can not add a sub menu item without getting the hoster error? 

500 - Internal Error message

my website not working  errors massage

500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

i want know what's problem

at first it wont let me install templates and plugins with joomla 3 and now it wont let me create menu items.

Re: joomla 3 can not create menu items 500 server error.

i dug a alittle deeper and now im getting this

PHP Warning:  is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(\metadata.xml) is not within the allowed path(s): (G:/PleskVhosts//grantenier.com\;C:\Windows\Temp\) in G:\PleskVhosts\grantenier.com\httpdocs\administrator\components\com_menus\models\item.php on line 1084

can i change this and where or does godaddy have too? 

New

Re: web.config file causing 500 internal error....

Hi i am using windows hosting and facing 500 internal error whenever i do 301 redirect my url.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<system.webServer>

<httpErrors errorMode="Detailed" existingResponse="PassThrough"/> 

</httpErrors>

<rewrite>
<rules>
<rule name="Remove WWW" stopProcessing="true">
<match url="^(.*)$" ignoreCase="false" />
<conditions>
<add input="{HTTP_HOST}" pattern="^www\.diamsonline\.org.in$" />
</conditions>
<action type="Redirect" redirectType="Permanent" url="http://diamsonline.org.in/{R:1}" />
</rule>

<rule name="Remove WWW" stopProcessing="true">
<match url="^(.*)$" ignoreCase="false" />
<conditions>
<add input="{HTTP_HOST}" pattern="^www\.pgdiams\.com$" />
</conditions>
<action type="Redirect" redirectType="Permanent" url="http://pgdiams.com/{R:1}" />
</rule>
</rules>
</rewrite>

Please help me what i did wrong. thanks in advance

New

500 - Internal Error Message

Once in a while I get this error:

General error: 1041 Out of memory; check if mysqld or some other process uses all available memory; if not, you may have to use 'ulimit' to allow mysqld to use more memory or you can add more swap space.

I did some research online and it says it’s server error.

https://www.google.com/search?q=General+error%3A+1041+Out+of+memory%3B+check+if+mysqld+or+some+other...

Can anyone help me to get this fixed?

Thank you.

New

500 (Internal Server) Error while installing / updating...anything..

Hi guys,

hope somebody can help us with GoDaddy server issue. we have a windows server hosting, installed WordPress, it's running, for adding new theme giving : 

500 (Internal Server) Error 

(so I uploaded via file manager and it worked)

for updating theme giving : 

(so I uploaded via file manager and it worked)

for adding plugin giving :

for updating plugin giving :

today 3 times called GoDaddy support wasted my time over 1 hour and just they changed line and forwarded my call to another support person. just gave up to call them. anybody here can help us?

appreciate your help in advance.

Re: 500 - Internal Error Message

Hi @bruto

Have you tried any of the solutions that you googled? Based on the error it appears that you need to decrease your database memory size. You can start by decreasing your max_connections.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Android shows error 500

I was editing my site, nothing major, just some typo clean ups. then my site stopped working. It just bounces to some odd site, so I loaded the site on my android, and it says error 500, anyone have a definitive answer why error 500 comes up?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Android shows error 500

Hi @klyxmaster,

Yes, those typos corrected are obviously breaking some links. You are either going to have to correct a lot more than the typos, or live with them.

Saying that though, a 500 error is a generic error and usually rights itself. If not though, as I said above. Or contact support..........

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

New

Solution for 500 error while installing Wordpress is in permission of the folders. First check and make sure that your Public_Html is set to 755.

500 error

Hi there!

I've transferred my site from one host to another one (within GoDaddy).

Its IP was be changed.

I've updated  DNS settings in Domains.

But I'm looking at 500 error for a couple hours.

Site - http://spinabifidanaturally.com/

Could you help me?

Re: 500 error

I've deactivated plugins. Also, tried to create subdomains with clean WP, but the same 500 error. So I suppose it's related to DNS.

Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: i just bought new hosting and it's not working i tried to rest my panel several times..

Hi there, I just saw that this question was unanswered from two weeks ago, so you may have gotten it resolved.

First, GoDaddy has a hosting support team that can help with these issues if you have not called already.

Second, a 500 error usually has to do with a conflict on the back end of WordPress. Without knowing what you have done, it's too hard to speculate. One thing you can always try is disabling all plugins and themes and see if the error still exists. If it doesn't, then you have to narrow it down to which plugin or theme is having a conflict.

I hope that helps but most of all, I hope you've gotten it resolved prior.

New

error in web.config for my DotNetNuke site

I (stupidly) changed the globalization setting for UI Culture to en -US in my DotNetNuke control panel. That resulted in a configuration error response from the website pointing to the web.config file. The file had a setting for this value of "af-ZA". I've tried changing the file to show "en-US","en" as well as going back to the original drop-down choice of Africaans-South Africa and leaving the web.config with the ""af-ZA" value. Nothing seems to clear the error. Any suggestions for this novice?

New

currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500

Hi There

I purchased Linux Cpanel Hosting Account for my website. It was running on another hosting account. I successfully uploaded the website. It is a wordpress site. All was fine but when i am adding a page or post or menu this problem is appearing :

This page isn’t working

www.vdis.co is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

I cant add new page, post or menu to my website now. Please let me know where is the problem.

Internal Server Error

Every other page I navigate to on www.azurvibes.com produces an internal server error (both on the front end and in the Wordpress admin panel). Any ideas why and how to fix?

"award-winning support team" my foot.

I m trying to resolve this issue from last five days and waiting for support on call for hours. 

Couldn't they just add bug tracking/ support portal instead of phone call.