cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access to my new website

Hi , Godaddy support teams.

I have domain and hosting on Godaddy (wonderplacekids.com)

I even placed  my file, cause its only one index.php file in public web root. 
But my website still loks like not working. 
What should i do in this case?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Can't access to my new website

Hey there!

When I go to the site, I get a 404 not found error. A 404 error is an HTTP status code that means that the page you were trying to reach on a website couldn't be found on their server.

Technically, an Error 404 is a client-side error, implying that the error is your mistake, either because you typed the URL incorrectly or the page has been moved or removed from the website and you should have known.

Another possibility is if a website has moved a page or resource but did so without redirecting the old URL to the new one. When that happens, you'll receive a 404 error instead of being automatically routed to the new page.

In very layman terms, your site is trying to load but it can't find the resources to load the site. So it gives you a 404.

This is just me shooting in the dark but do you have the index.php in its own folder (most likely named after your domain) inside of the public_html directory? If so, you probably don't have the domain set up to scan that directory for the website content and if you move it into the public_html directory, the site will likely load. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Can't access to my new website

Thanks for the answer. 
I puted my index.php in /home/%username%/public_html folder. 
This website is very fresh so i didnt replaced it from another server.

Just the strange thing tis that, that the preview of website is showing the website correctly.