Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
kegs85
New

Deluxe Linux Hosting DNS Manager

Hi There

I've got deluxe linux hosting that I'm in the process of setting up, but I can't add DNS records - it only allows me to add MX records.

My domains are through other providers and need to stay that way at least until I've migrated the sites for now, and I'd prefer to delegate the domains to GoDaddy nameservers then manage the DNS inside cPanel.

Deluxe hosting says it works with external domains and includes DNS manager, what am I missing here?

Also, is there a way to find out what the GoDaddy nameservers would be to use with the hosting / are they generic?

Kris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User 2020

@kegs85 

Unlike most providers that have you manage your DNS via the cPanel account (which can cause issues in the future if you delete the hosting account) GoDaddy has your use their domain manager - this is where you manage both domain registrations and DNS settings

If you goto https://dcc.godaddy.com there is a DNS menu - then select DNS Hosting and you should be good to go

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User 2020

@kegs85 

Unlike most providers that have you manage your DNS via the cPanel account (which can cause issues in the future if you delete the hosting account) GoDaddy has your use their domain manager - this is where you manage both domain registrations and DNS settings

If you goto https://dcc.godaddy.com there is a DNS menu - then select DNS Hosting and you should be good to go

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post