Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
okiki
Helper I

Maxed resources on cpanel hosting

Hi all,

It happens that I recently migrated my hosting from managed WordPress to Cpanel which is due to feature like ion cube loader and server cron job,migration was done successfully but I am have error 503 intermittently and upon further investigation I notice that physical memory usage and i/o usage went up,I have tried every thing but no avail 

The irony is that managed hosting was deluxe ,migrated hosting is also deluxe cpanel hosting. So basically I am a little bit confused and it has allow me to loose my enthusiasm a little bit because I cannot do anything on my dashboard. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
PL281
Super User II

@okiki 

Personally I would look at moving to a VPS server where you have root access and much more control over the entire server vs being on a shared server 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

I have been able to solve the  503 intermittent issues, there was is a feature that was disabled by default on my Cpanel,I enabled compress content to all in optimized website and I also enable opcache in my PHP version...the setting solves the issues one hand.

again I still intend to finally move to business hosting by the end of the month though.

Once again thank you PL281 for the quality time😉

9 REPLIES 9
PL281
Super User II

@okiki 

The Managed WordPress platform and the cPanel platform are 2 different setups / systems. Many hosting providers will offer a WordPress hosting which is really the same as their cPanel hosting with some minor tweaks. GoDaddy's offering is quite different. It sounds like your site might have been getting some high usage - this could be from a plugin / theme or just a lot of traffic. The difference is the Managed Platform can adjusted behind the scenes - whereas the cPanel server is just the server and whatever resources you use that's all you get.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Ok,

It seamz some plugins required some ram...

At the moment my ram memory is peg at 512mb so if I may ask upgrading to ultimate hosting with 1gb ram should solve this maxing issues because the idea of going back to managed hosting does not sit well here.because there are some flexibilities that come with this type of hosting.. 

Again apart from the upgrading on resources what are the things you think one can incorporate at the server end..

Thanks 

PL281
Super User II

@okiki 

Personally I would look at moving to a VPS server where you have root access and much more control over the entire server vs being on a shared server 

Ok,I just have a look at the available plans,and the self managed one seamz to be the better option, 4gb ram at 22.99.

Again if I may ask,does it comes with cpanel ,back up  options?

PL281
Super User II

@okiki 

WHM/cPanel is available for $15/month and is an option when you purchase the server - this way you can setup a separate cPanel account which each site you wish to host on the server - you can set quotas per site - configure what PHP versions are available etc

That is quite huge.i think I will have to speak with one of their support.because the cpanel I recently purchased was not enough in some context 😉 maybe something might be done..

Or better still I will just upgrade to shared business that comes with 2cpu/2gb ram..and i believe that one will be more than enough.. 

Pocket arnt smiling lol..got some extra spending to spend apart from hosting issues 

PL281
Super User II

@okiki 

Just keep in mind that the Business hosting is still a Shared server just with more resources - you still don't have full root access there

I think the following should be enough..

1 virtually allocated cup core

2 gbenga ram

60 gb storage, again I am using vimeo for my reasources...

Still growing lol...

Just launched few weeks ago....3 weeks

I have been able to solve the  503 intermittent issues, there was is a feature that was disabled by default on my Cpanel,I enabled compress content to all in optimized website and I also enable opcache in my PHP version...the setting solves the issues one hand.

again I still intend to finally move to business hosting by the end of the month though.

Once again thank you PL281 for the quality time😉