cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Godaddy Classic to cPanel

I want to move a couple wordpress sites. I tried vaultpress, with no success. When I try to use all in one migration or duplicator, both get stuck, and after 30-60 minutes I get a server error. 500 I think.

I went back and tried to use vaultpress, but when I give it the ftp credentials, this happens:

PASSED

Connecting to FTP on xxxxxxxxx.xom

PASSED

Logging in as xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com

PASSED

Base directory is /home/content/77/3686277/html/realestate/

PASSED

Connect and log in to the FTP server on port 21.

PASSED

Test: Using the VaultPress plugin to find the path to vaultpress.php

PASSED

Test: Downloading /home/oy4ddcc8mluf/public_html/xxxxxxxx.com/wp-content/plugins/vaultpress/vaultpress.php

PASSED

Test: Unable to download /home/oy4ddcc8mluf/public_html/xxxxxxxxxx.com/wp-content/plugins/vaultpress/vaultpress.php

FAILED

Unable to verify the location of your WordPress files.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Migrating from Godaddy Classic to cPanel

Hi @jasonpence. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! My guess would be that somehow the plugin isn't seeing where you have your WordPress files installed. This could simply be a configuration issue within the plugin. If you're not able to get it figured out, this guide explains how to migrate manually. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Migrating from Godaddy Classic to cPanel

I have to migrate several sites to a c panel hosting. I was looking for a checklist of how to do this most efficiently.  Back up, ect. etc. If there's a plug in, I'd like to know about it. If not, any checklists would be most helpful. I'm a newbie, but I can follow instructions.