How do I escalate the problems I am facing with technical support.
My problems: (I guess everybody is facing the same problem)
1) Very hard to reach technical support. No easy process available.
2) Communication channel is pathetic.
3) Technical support is not well trained to resolve your problems.
Unable to connect MySQL Workbench to Godaddy database in my hosting account.
>> Tried inputs from support pages in GoDaddy website, but couldnt find the solution
>> Chat with support executive, who told me they may not be able to help and asked me to call support over phone
>> Call wait time 20 mins, when connected I explained my problem, and suddenly call got disconnected
>> Called again, wait time was 14 mins, explained tech support of my issue, she put me on hold for 30mins, and then when came online forwarded me link to an article, which I have already read and tried. When i told that I have already tried as per article, call got disconnected.
My Action: I spent one whole day and night to try out various hit-and-trial methods and found the solution myself.
Reset my hosting account on 15th July, since then I am unable to install Drupal on my AddOn domains (showing errors)
>> Called tech support, wait time 20 mins, as I got connected I explained my problem, call got disconnected.
>> Again called tech support, wait time was 35 mins, as soon as i got connected and I started explaining my problem, call got disconnected.
NOW I DONT HAVE PATIENCE TO CALL AGAIN.
STILL MY TECH QUERY ISN'T RESOLVED? ANY HELP?
1) Why dont you provide tech support over chat.
2) Why the calls always get disconnected. Which wastes a lot of time in calling again and waiting for it to get connected.
3) I call tech support only after referring and trying out all the given articles/support pages. And if the Tech Support at the end again sends me links to articles, then my whole point of contacting Tech Support is wasted.
4) When every time the call gets disconnected, there should be atleast an option for a call back from Tech Support, so that we dont have to spend time in explaining the whole problem again.
5) Please train your Tech Support team to resolve customer queries, without making a customer do follow ups for the same.
PLEASE GIVE ME EMAIL ID FOR ESCALATION OF MY SUPPORT RELATED ISSUES.
LOOKING AT MY INTERACTION WITH GODADDY, I FEEL GODADDY IS PROACTIVE IN SELLING THEIR PRODUCTS, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO SUPPORT A CUSTOMER IS HELPLESS.
sorry you seem to be having some frustrating issues here, let me make it up to you, read all carefully in this link and if you still can't get it to work, message me back
Regards the @rammsteinium
Thank you for your advice on connecting to MySQL databases.
My issue is when I am trying to install Drupal in my hosting space for my AddOn Domain names, I am getting this below mentioned error. Please help me resolve this issue.
Hi again @vijaybhupathi,
I unfortunately don't have any hosting with Godaddy to check (I run my own server), but the last time I looked at cPanel I am sure I saw that Drupal was available to install direct from cPanel available software. That was on basic hosting.
I have heard several problems with 'installatron' actually.
Perhaps you should manually install it and throw installatron out of the 20th story window? ( installatron sounds like a Microsoft nightmare robot from Mars!! )......... don't laugh!
"my ex wife loved plugins too....... could never get her to go camping!"