Registrar Transfer Denied?

Hello, 

I am attempting to transfer my domain from GoDaddy and received the following e-mail:

Registrar Transfer Denied

Express written objection to the transfer from the Transfer Contact. (e.g. - email, fax, paper document or other processes by which the Transfer Contact has expressly and voluntarily objected through opt-in means).

What does this mean? I am the Transfer Contact and did not object to the transfer. Prior to receiving this e-mail I received another e-mail from DomainsByProxy asking me to authorize the transfer. I went ahead and authorized the transfer, but was blocked? My Privacy is off and my domain is unlocked. I don't understand, can someone assist?

Super User III

You're not eligible to transfer a domain for a 60-day period after the following events:

• •Registering or transferring a domain name
• •Updating the registrant contact's organization
• •Updating the registrant contact's first or last name and an organization is not listed

You're not eligible to transfer a domain for a 10-day period after changing your domain from one GoDaddy account to another via the Account Change Process.

Could the domain be subject to one of the holds outlined above?  If not double check that the DomainsByProxy is canceled for that domain and it is unlocked and try the transfer again.

Here is the article on transferring a domain away just in case:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/transferring-domain-names-to-another-registrar-3560

Thanks for the response, it actually doesn't match any of those scenarios. The contact information has been the same for almost 9 years and has been parked at GoDaddy with no changes ever since creating it. I also double checked that it is unlocked with privacy disabled. 

I contacted the company I am attempting to move the domain to (A2 Hosting) and they are waiting on their end to complete the transfer, but there is something holding it up here. Unfortunately, GoDaddy's live chat is never available for me to figure this out.

If you are at the step for Go Daddy to approve the transfer here is how to do it:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/accepting-or-declining-a-transfer-to-another-registrar-6040

hey did you ever figure this out?

having the same issue...

Hi @darbyb9,

The message that reads, "Express written objection to the transfer " usually indicates that the system has detected privacy on the domain. The privacy needs to be removed before the domain can be transferred. If you make a transfer request prior to removal, you must go back to the gaining registrar and re-initiate the transfer request after removal. (Removal of the privacy request itself does not cause the transfer to proceed.)

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

Its because they are crooks engaged in racketeering, fraud and service manipulation. They like to have you buy domains, park their redirect pages on your websites, reap benefits from your property then hijack your traffic. If you try to leave they stop you from transferring the domains away so they can blood suck more fees from you. 

Thats OK. I been capturing information for the last 9 years. https://tips.fbi.gov Just submit your complaints there. Keep submitting to the FBI. That does not work then move up the chain to the Secret Service. This is a long term giant fraud that is now a public company trading on the stock exchange. Fire a report to the SEC and the Office of Inspector General. OIG will put both boots deep in the hole.