New

Nameservers stuck

I recently transferred my domain (unshedmyload.co.za [yes, the name is naughty but it's a play on a situation in South Africa called 'load shedding']) to GoDaddy.

When I try to change the DNS settings, they are not available and the name servers are set to the previous domain registrar's. When I change the nameservers to point to the recommended GoDaddy ones, the DNS settings appear and the nameservers change to GoDaddy's AND the previous ones combined. A few minutes later, the nameservers revert by themselves to the old ones and the DNS settings disappear.

Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it? I'm now stuck in a situation where I cannot change any DNS settings for my site.

Super User IV

@Varak 

I suggest trying via a private browser window to make sure something isn't caching

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User III

The .co.za registry processes certain changes like nameservers and contact details, which should take about 5 days.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-coza-domains-8811

View solution in original post

5 Days! Why does it take so long? O_o

I will check again in 3 days (that would have been 6 days since I first tried to change the nameservers) and revert.

Thank you

@Varak 

The Domain Registry Authority is who sets those times  - as much as you'd like it to be faster GoDaddy has no control over it

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post