Can't get wordpress installed

Figured I would post this out there and see if anyone had some ideas for me.

I have tried multiple times with support and just get no where.

I had Deluxe Hosting Linux for probably 10 years. I tried to install wordpress and it while it looked like it installed I kept getting a message directory not found. I tried multiple times and finally went to support to see what they could figure out. Several days I kept gettiong the same thing, they said it installed and I needed to wait 24 hours. never worked. I tried to chat again and support said that they would install it and to wait 24 hours. I waited 2 days, and same thing. 

Got back into chat with support and was told Deluxe Hosting Linux was too old and i needed to upgrade to Deluxe Hosting Linux with cPanel. OK, I just renewed but I figured that I would get a credit for the Deluxe Hosting Linux after getting Deluxe Hosting Linux with cPanel. FYI, if you upgrade they will charge you for both years even though I was withing the 30 days stated in the refund policy.

Fine, whatever. At least I will get the site up and running. 

Nope, after almost 10 hours chatting with support. It's still not working. Now my old hosting plan, Deluxe Hosting Linux, says Pending Removal and won't release the domain for the new hosting Deluxe Hosting Linux with cPanel.

After chatting with Gumte from support today for 3 hours all I could get was: "wait for sometime" and then he repeatedly copied and pasted what I was asking for then after I requested to chat with elevated support or someone he disconnected me.

Everytime I talk with support I am told to wait. Meanwhile, I paid $300 for 2 hosting plans for a single domain this year and neither works. This has gone on for 3 weeks.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Employee

Hello @zagiace!

You had mentioned that it is pending removal, is it pending removal of the domain or pending removal of the legacy hosting plan itself? Were you able to install WordPress on your new cPanel hosting plan?

If you no longer need your old hosting plan and you have downloaded a full back up of the files from the old shared server, I would recommend deleting your old hosting plan. You will no longer have access to the old plan but it will help speed up the domain removal process in order to use it on your new hosting plan. If this is the option you want, then I would reach out to support again and request for support to delete your old hosting plan from your account. Again deleting the old hosting plan, you will no longer have access to it.

If you do not want to remove the old hosting plan from your account then the only option is to wait for the domain to be removed. You can always try to rename the primary domain by adding "old." in front of the domain, this can also help free up the domain but the time it processes may vary.

As mentioned earlier, if you no longer need your old hosting plan then I would reach out to support to delete the old hosting plan completely to use the domain on your new hosting plan.

If you should have anymore questions or need account specific help GoDaddy is available 24/7, via chat or phone.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

thanks for the reply @SG4101!

It is pending removal of the legacy hosting plan itself. Currently I can't access it to remove it. I can't access the new hosting plan either. 

I try to setup the new plan and I get "What domain do you want to use?
You can change the primary domain used with your hosting product. Tell us what domain you want to use and we’ll help you connect it." 

When I select the domain it errors and says already set and talk to support.

I can't click anything on the old plan, can't delete it, can't remove it. No options, just "Pending Remove 50%."

I have reached out to support a bunch of times. repeatedly tell me to wait 24 hours. that's been going on for 3 weeks. When I asked for elevated support or supervisor, support just copied and pasted repeatedly and then ended chat.

Happy to help @zagiace  😁!

I am sorry about delay in removing the old hosting plan. I recommend reaching out to support via phone rather than chat to complete an account review of your new and old hosting plans. 

You can still setup your new hosting plan and create a temporary domain as the primary domain to setup your new cPanel hosting.

• For example: if your domain is domain.com then setup your new hosting plan's primary domain as new.domain.com.

Once the old hosting plan is removed and the domain is available, you can always update your primary domain on your new cPanel hosting to your available domain. 

I am including a help article that provides step-by-step instructions on how to change your primary domain on your new cPanel hosting once the old hosting is removed from your account:

Change Primary Domain in my cPanel(Linux) hosting

If you should have anymore questions or need account specific help GoDaddy is available 24/7, via chat or phone.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

@SG4101 Thanks for the help!

unfortunately, I can't click "Manage," as per those instructions. I only have the option of clicking "Setup."

When I do I get "

What domain do you want to use?

You can change the primary domain used with your hosting product. Tell us what domain you want to use and we’ll help you connect it.

"
It goes nowhere from there, just another error. 

Community Manager

Hey @zagiace. Thanks for posting. There is an issue with the way our older hosting plans are processing changes right now. Our dev team working to get that fixed. Unfortunately, that means the release of your domain will take a bit. I will try to update the situation here once that issue has been resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Also, I'm not sure why it didn't happen when you purchase the new cPanel plan, but the guide you spoke with should have been able to transfer your renewal over. I'm sorry that didn't occur. Once the hosting plan fully cancels though, you should be able to request a full refund for it since the renewal was within 30 days. Once again, sorry for any inconvenience. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks!

I hope that is what happens. This is for a client of mine and it's a bit hard to explain paying for hosting twice for the current year. Please update me. I am really having a tough time with this client. this has been a bit of a fiasco.