About .ai Domains
DataHaven.Net LTD is the sponsor and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .ai extensions that represents Anguilla.
Who can register .ai domains?
Anyone can register .ai domain names.
When registering a .ai domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 2,4,6,8 and 10 years
- Renewal length: 2,4,6,8 and 10 years
- Your .ai domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain name is auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted 20 days prior to the domain name's expiration. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 13 days prior to expiration. If the second attempt fails, we try one more time 6 days prior to the expiration date.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it 6 days prior to the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domain for instructions on the redemption.
- For example: Your .ai domain name expires on January 31. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by January 25. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on January 11, January 18, and January 25.
- Due to time zone differences, registry updates to your .ai domain name occur very early in the day. If you decide to manually renew your domain name, we recommend that you do so 6 days prior to its expiration date.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Incoming transfers do not extend the expiry date. Any extensions of the expiry date will require a renewal.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
To cancel your .ai domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 1-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Cannot use: DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and then Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.