About .co.jp Domains
JPRS is the sponsor and is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .co.jp extension that represents Companies in Japan.
Who can register TLD domains?
When registering a .co.jp domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- The registry does not allow manual/explicit renewals. GoDaddy has enabled a feature to submit a renewal request between 30 and 2 days prior to the expiration date. The new expiration date will not reflect in the registry's Whois until the current expiration date has passed.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- When you purchase a .co.jp domain name transfer from us, please first list your address located in Japan in your account information to ensure the address located in Japan is listed on the domain name during the transfer process.
- There is NO extension of the expiration date, and an authorization code is not required, please leave this field blank to further authorize the transfer.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not supported
- The process to transfer your .co.jp domain to another registrar is unique, the domain does not need to be unlocked, you must submit the transfer with the gaining registrar, (the registrar to whom you are transferring). You will not need an authorization code to request a transfer.
- Once we receive notice from the registry that a transfer request has been submitted, we will send you an email instructing you how to authorize the transfer. Please note, the transfer must be authorized through your GoDaddy account within 8 days, otherwise you may need to restart the transfer process with the gaining registrar.
- If needed please contact our GoDaddy Guides to request the REG-ID.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant, on a .co.jp domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 1-20 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Cannot use: DNSSEC