About .de Domains
denic.de is the sponsor and KeySystems is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .de extensions that represents Germany.
Who can register .de domains?
Anyone can register .de domain names.
When registering a .de domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9), hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Supported
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- Your .de domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain nameis auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted 20 days prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal again 13 days prior to the domain names's expiration date and again 6 days prior to the domain names's expriation date.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it 6 days prior to the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Recovering expired domain names for instructions on the redemption.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- When a .de domain is transferred, any registration period longer than 1 year does not carry over to the new registrar.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not supported
- Please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides to request an authorization code.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- When you move a .de domain to another account you cannot change the registrant's first name, last name, or organization. Please choose the "do not change" option for the contact information during the account change process.
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant on a .de domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Changes to all other domain name contacts can be made through the Domain Manager. See Change my domain contact information for information on this process.
- Must use: 0-13 Authoritive nameservers. Each nameserver must be on a separate class-C network. That is, the first three octets cannot be the same. For example, 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 are valid.
- Can use: IPV4 and IPV6
- Cannot use: DNSSEC
- Registry Check Tool: Denic NAST Tool
For details on refunds, see our refund policy.Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .de domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Want to register a .de domain? Search for your .de domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .de domain.