About .me domains
Domain.me is the sponsor and Afilias is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .me extension that represents Montenegro and you.
Who can register .me domains?
Anyone can register a .me domain.
When registering a .me domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- Your .me domain name renews on its expiration date. Auto-renewal is attempted on the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 5 days later and again 7 days after that.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 12th day after the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domain for instructions on the redemption.
- For example: Your .me domain name expires on October 10. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by October 29. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on October 10, October 15, and October 22.
- Backorders: Supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- When the domain name is moved, the registrant first name, last name, and company name cannot be changed.
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6, DNSSEC