About .no Domains
Uninett Norid AS is the sponsor and backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .no extensions that represents Norway.
Who can register .no domains?
Only Norwegian Residents can register .no domain names. They must register for and provide a personal identification code, which will start with N.PRI, as well as sign a declaration form confirming eligibility. Individual registrants are limited to a maximum of 5 domain names for registration.
When registering a .no domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Supported, Latin
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- Your .no domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain name is auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted 19 days prior,12 days prior, and 5 days prior to the domain name's expiration. If the previous renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 4 days prior to expiration. If the fourth attempt fails, we try one more time 3 days prior to the expiration date.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew 3 days prior to the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domain for instructions on the redemption.
- For example: Your .no domain name expires on January 31. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by January 28. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on January 12, January 19, January 26, January 27, and January 28.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- There will be a charge to process a Transfer In and there will be no extension to the domain expriation date. Renewals on Transfers In are not supported. If a domain has expired at the time a registrant intiates a Transfer In, the registrant must renew the domain at the previous registrar prior to starting the Tranfer In process.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking : Not Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the domain's contact information, please contact our GoDaddy Guides.
- Must use: 2-8 Authoritive Nameservers, Unique IP address for each
- Can use: IPv4, DNSSEC
- Cannot use: IPv6
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and then Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.