About .ve Domains
NIC.VE is the sponsor and NameAction/Hexonet is the backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .ve extensions that represents Venezuela.
Who can register .ve domains?
Important Notice: Effective April 6, 2020, GoDaddy is temporarily no longer accepting new registrations or incoming transfers for the .ve domain extensions. This is due to new registry rules requiring customers to provide a Tax Identification Registry "RIF" or Identity Card in order to complete .ve registrations. If you already owned a .ve domain with GoDaddy prior to April 6, 2020, you can continue to renew your existing .ve domain name.
- .ve — Intended for Venezuela businesses or individuals.
- .com.ve — Intended for commercial entities in Venezuela.
- .net.ve — Intended for network infrastructures, such as Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in Venezuela.
- .org.ve — Intended for non-commercial entities in Venezuela.
- .co.ve — Intended for commercial entities in Venezuela.
- .web.ve — Intended for web information in Venezuela.
- .info.ve — Intended for information in Venezuela.
When registering a .ve domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #) or register explicitly for resale
- IDNs: Supported - Spanish
- Registration length: Not supported
- Renewal length: 1 year
- .ve domains cannot be renewed before the day they expire.
- Explicit renewals are allowed as long as doing so does not bring the expiration date two or more calendar years in the future. For example, if a .ve domain is set to expire on December 31, 2020, a renewal to December 31, 2021 could be processed on January 1, 2021, but not on December 31, 2020.
- See Renew my expired domain for more information.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Not supported
- Must use: 1 - 63 Characters
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides to request an authorization code.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Not Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant, on a .ve domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 2-4 Authoritive Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .ve domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .ve domain.