Add a gallery to my WordPress site
You can add an image gallery to your WordPress site by adding a gallery block to posts or pages. You can add images from your local computer or your WordPress Media Library.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- On the left-side menu, select Posts or Pages.
- Hover over the post or page you want to edit and then select Edit.
- At the upper-left corner, select Toggle block inserter.
- On the left-side menu, under Media, select Gallery. The galery block will be added to the bottom of the post or page.
- Choose how you want to add images to the gallery:
- Upload: Select images stored on your own computer.
- Media Library: Select images previously uploaded to Media Library, select Create a new gallery and then Insert gallery.
- (Optional) Select any image from the gallery, select Select gallery and then select and hold Drag to move the gallery block around the post or page.
- (Optional) To add another image, select any image from the gallery, select Select gallery and then Add. Choose how you want to add the image and repeat this step until you add all images to the gallery.
- (Optional) Select each image from the gallery and replace Add caption with the text you want to use for that image.
- (Optional) Select an image from the gallery and then select and hold Drag to rearrange the images.
- Select Update.
After you see the Page updated notification at the lower-left corner, the gallery is successfully added to your site.