Add downloadable files
You can upload files to your site, which visitors can then download for offline use. This can be handy for sharing such things as fliers, medical forms, liability waivers, and music samples, just to name a few uses.
Watch a short video of this task further down the page.
Nearly 50 file formats are supported, including ones for Microsoft Word and other text documents, PDFs (Portable Document Files), spreadsheets, and more than 20 just for images and videos. The list is constantly growing.
Note: Each file can be no larger than 50 MB. You can add up to 15 files in the section. If you need more, create another Files section.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- Click Edit Site.
- Scroll to where you want to add a download section and click the plus button.
- Click Files if you'd like a list of files to appear or if you have various file types (documents, spreadsheets, images, or PDFs). If you want to display your PDF, choose PDF Viewer.
- Once you choose your layout, select Add to insert the new section.
- Customize the accent color, title, and description.
- For Files, use the Add link to add a file.
- For the PDF Viewer, use the Upload File link to add your PDF.
- For Files, repeat Step 6 to add more files to your site. The PDF Viewer can only upload one file.
Note: To rename a file, click it in the list and change it in the File Label field. You won't be able to change the file type in parentheses. That's important to let people know what type of file they're downloading.
- Make any other changes you want in the right panel.
- Your changes are saved automatically. When you're finished, select Preview to see the results. Publish your site to make your changes visible to your visitors.
Show me how
This video is part of the How-To series for Adding Advanced Functionality in Website Builder