Add or change a favicon in WordPress
The favicon, or site icon, is the image you see on the tab above the URL in a browser. It helps visitors to find your site when they have multiple browser tabs open. Here's how to manage your favicon settings from your WordPress dashboard.
Note: Before following the steps below, you should ensure that the image you want to use as a favicon is uploaded to your media library. The image should be square and at least 512 by 512 pixels in size.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- On the left-side menu, select Appearance and then Customize.
Note: If you see Editor instead of Customize after you select Appearance, check out this article to learn how to add or change your favicon in the new Site Editor.
- On the left-side menu, select Site Identity.
- In the Site icon section, select Change image. If your site doesn't already have a favicon, select Select site icon.
- Under Select image, select the Media Library tab.
- Find the image you want to use as the site icon and select it. Then select Select.
- Choose a section which you would like to be visible in a browser and then select Crop image.
- Select Publish.
- If you can't update your favicon from the WordPress dashboard, try adding a favicon with FTP.