Add website messaging chat for customer feedback
The website messaging chat box is a friendly way to invite people to send you a message. The chat box collects the visitor’s name, email address and the message they want to send you. This message gets sent to an email address you choose, and then you can reply to the email or to the chat using Conversations.
Note: View and manage new contacts and messages via the Settings, then Connections page.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your site to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Select the Website tab at the top of your editor then select Chat from Website Add-Ons.
- Customize your messaging window.
- Enable Chat: Select this toggle to switch your chat bubble on and off.
- Greeting Message: Customize a custom message from you after 10 seconds.
- Chat Color: Choose where the chat button should be, the color of the chat box, and upload a brand avatar if you'd like.
- Confirmation message: Let people know their message was received and how (and when) they'll receive an answer.
- Chatbots: Enable bots to say hello and respond with order information and status updates.
- Availability hours: Give customers a better sense of how long it will take until you reply by letting them know when you're available.
- Another way to respond to people who leave you a message is through GoDaddy Conversations. Connect GoDaddy Conversations to your site.
- Update Website Messaging to Chat + Conversations.
- Add a contact form to your site as another way for people to send you a message.