Authorize my domain transfer to GoDaddy
To successfully transfer your domain name to GoDaddy, you'll need to enter a valid authorization code (also known as an EPP code or transfer key). You can enter the auth code from within your GoDaddy account after purchasing the domain transfer.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- From the Domains menu, select Transfers:
- Under the Pending Transfers heading, select Transfers In.
- In the Status column, locate any domains that show Correct authorization code needed.
- Click the number icon to the left of each domain name to select the domain(s) you will be authorizing.
- Select Accept transfer above the list of domains.
- Enter your authorization code(s) from the Basic or Advanced tab:
- Basic — Enter the Authorization Code in the field next to the domain name.
- Advanced — Enter one domain name and its Authorization Code per line, separated by a comma, space or tab.
- Select I authorize the transfer..., and then click Finish.
- Click OK.
Note: Domain transfers can take 5 to 7 days to complete.
- Transfer stuck or giving errors? Check out our troubleshooting tips.
- Some domain names, such as ccTLDs, may have special requirements for transfers.