Cancel 2-step verification
If you want to cancel 2-step verification (2SV), verify whether you still have access to the device, authenticator app or hardware security key that you used to set up 2SV.
Do you have access to a device or app that you used to set up 2SV?
Losing access to your device doesn’t mean losing access to your account. If you no longer have the device, authenticator app or hardware security key that you used to set up 2SV, we got you covered. Send us a request through our form and we'll get you back into your account.
- Go to our Regain Access To My Account form.
- Select 2-Step Verification Access.
- Enter your Customer Number, then select Next.
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Phone Number, then select Next.
- The email address must match the email in your account. If you don't have access to the email address, submit a request through the Email Access section of the form instead. You'll have the option to cancel 2SV.
- Upload a scanned or digital color photo of your government-issued photo identification. If you are not the account holder, upload identification for both the account holder and you. Select Next.
- Wait… why do you need my ID? You set up 2SV because you want to make sure your account is secure. We want to make sure of that too! We require an ID to bypass the 2SV security measure to verify you’re the account owner, so we can keep your account safe from any takeover attempts. Rest assured that the information you send is protected and isn’t used beyond the need to verify your account ownership. For more information about these requirements, please see our Terms of Service.
- In the dropdown list, select Yes or No to verify whether a company is listed as the account holder. Select Next.
- If you select Yes, enter the Company Name and upload a government-issued document for company identification.
- (Optional) Enter any Additional Information, then select Next.
- Next to the agreement, check the box and then complete the security challenge.
- Select Submit. We'll reach out to you directly about your request.
Note: This process is currently experiencing a large volume of requests. We're working diligently to respond as quickly as possible.
If you have access to the device, authenticator app or security key that you used to set up 2-step verification (2SV), just sign in, delete it and you’re good to go! You can always turn it back on.
- Go to your GoDaddy Login & PIN page.
- You might be prompted to sign in. If you enabled 2SV, enter the code from your phone or authenticator app, or insert your security key.
Note: Not getting your 2SV code? Our 2SV troubleshooting will help you out.
- Under 2-Step Verification, select Edit.
- Next to the authentication method you want to remove, select Delete.
- Select Remove. A success message will display and we'll turn off 2SV immediately.
- If you set a backup method for 2SV and want to remove it, repeat steps 3 and 4.