Cancel Protected Registration
Removing (or cancelling) Protected Registration from your domain name will enable you to complete tasks such as transferring your domain, moving your domain to another GoDaddy account, or canceling your domain completely. If you bought the Privacy & Business Protection bundle for your domain, it included Protected Registration.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product (Need help opening your product?)
- From the Domain Manager, select your domain name to go to the Domain Settings page.
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and click the remove Protected Registration link:
- Click Remove Protected Registration.
- If you have not recently completed two-step verification, we'll send you a 6-digit verification code as part of your two-step verification process. When you receive it, enter that code and click Verify:
Note: If your two-step verification method is an authenticator app, you will need to retrieve your verification code from the app.
- You'll see: We're removing Protected Registration from your domain. This may take a few minutes.
Note: It can take up to 90 minutes for Protected Registration to be removed completely. Some features may be unavailable while this process completes.