Change the footer in WordPress
You can manually make changes to the PHP code in the footer of your WordPress site. Editing the PHP code allows you to customize the footer to your needs and change more than just the text that appears at the bottom of your pages. To edit your Wordpress footer, follow the below steps:
- Connect to your site with FTP.
- Navigate to the /wp-content/themes directory.
- Open the directory containing the theme you wish to work with.
- Locate the footer.php file.
- Copy the file to the appropriate child theme directory.
- Edit and update the footer.php file in the child theme directory.
Changes made to the footer.php file located in the child theme directory will take precedence immediately over the original footer.php.