Change the hostname for my VPS or Dedicated server
You can change the hostname for your VPS or Dedicated Server in your GoDaddy account.
Required: We are changing our default VPS hostnames. If your server is using a legacy hostname (for example, ip-184.108.40.206.ip.secureserver.net) you'll need to update this record. This should be changed to 220.127.116.11.host.secureserver.net (note the reversal of the IP octets). DNS for legacy hostnames will stop resolving on August 1, 2022.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy account. (Need help logging in?)
- In your My Products page, select Servers, and then select Manage next to the server you want to work with.
- In the account Dashboard, at the top of the page select Settings.
- In the Server section, next to Hostname, select Change.
- Enter the new hostname in the Server Hostname field, and then select Save. The hostname must meet the requirements before you can save it. After you save the changes, the new hostname appears in the Settings section.
Note: If you're using Plesk with Windows, you need to restart the server before the new hostname appears in Plesk.