Disable Secondary DNS
Disable Secondary DNS for a domain name at any time. If you're using GoDaddy nameservers as secondary nameservers, we move your domain to the default Premium DNS nameservers. Disabling Secondary DNS will remove the additional set of nameservers currently acting as a backup for your DNS zone file.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select an individual domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select DNS to view your DNS records and then select Secondary DNS from the Actions menu.
- Under Enabled, select Off.
- Select Apply to save your changes.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Looking for some extra DNS security? Enable DNSSEC now that you've disabled Secondary DNS.