Edit Advanced Email Security filters
The Advanced Email Security add-on automatically comes with a filter to encrypt messages. You can also create custom filters. For example, you could choose to encrypt emails that contain sensitive information using filters based on the message's subject line or body content, and even for certain recipients or senders.
Required: This article is for Advanced Email Security from Proofpoint. You can verify if you have Proofpoint by signing in and checking if there's a white header with "GoDaddy" displayed at the top of your dashboard.
- Sign in to Advanced Email Security.
- Under Security Settings, select Email, and then Filter Policies.
- Select New Filter.
- Enter a Filter Name.
- Confirm that the direction is Inbound or Outbound, and then select Continue.
- Or to edit an existing filter, find it in the list, and then select Edit filter.
- Choose the Scope for your filter:
- Company: This filter will apply to all mail for all users.
- Group: This filter will only apply to mail for users in the chosen group.
- User: This filter will only apply to mail for the specific user.
- For If, choose your filter's criteria. The second menu will provide different options depending on your first selection:
- (Optional) Select Add another condition to create additional criteria for your filter.
- For Do, choose the action you want taken if the filter criteria are met:
- Quarantine: This will block the message from being sent or received.
- Allow: This will override other general filter settings that might block mail that meets this criteria.
- Nothing: This will not take any action on the message.
- (Outbound only) Encrypt: This will encrypt the message.
- Select the checkbox to Override Previous Destination if you want to ignore the destination another filter may have applied to the message.
- (Optional) Select Add another action to create additional actions on these messages. You have different options for the additional action:
- To the right, you can add a Description of the filter.
- Select Save.
|Sender Address||Enter the addresses you want included in your filter.|
|Recipient Address||Enter the addresses you want included in your filter.|
|Email Size (KB)||This size includes any attachments and must be entered in whole numbers.|
|Client IP Country||You must provide us with the library file or source to use this filter criteria.|
|Email Subject||Enter the text from the subject line you want included in your filter.|
|Email Headers||Enter the text from the header you want included in your filter.|
|Email Message Content||Enter the text from the body you want included in your filter.|
|Raw Email (Up to 10000 Lines)||Enter the text from the raw email you want included in your filter.|
|Attachment Type||Select Manage to choose the types of attachments included in your filter.|
|Attachment Name||Enter the text of an attachment file name or type not included in Attachment Type you want included in your filter.|
|Smart Identifier Scan||The smart identifier locates specific content in an email such as a credit card number or a driver's license number. Select Manage to choose the smart identifiers you want included in your filter. Learn more about the Smart Identifier Scan.|
|Dictionary Scan||This searches your email for any words that are included in the pre-set dictionary of potentially sensitive information, such as known Protected Health Information and Financial Information terms. Select Manage to choose the dictionaries you want included in your filter. Learn more about the Dictionary Scan.|
|Alert Sender||The sender is emailed.||Alert Recipient||The recipient is emailed.|
|Alert Tech Contact||Your account tech contact address is emailed.|
|Alert Specified Users||Enter the email addresses you want notified.|
|Hide Log||Won't show the email in any log.|
|Hide Log From Non-Admin Users||Won't show the email in the logs that non-admin users see.|
|Stop Processing Additional Filters||Stops the filter logic after this filter rule is met.|
|Require Admin Privileges to Release||Only an administrator can release these messages to the inbox.|
|Enforce Completely Secure SMTP Delivery||This requires a correct TLS certificate that matches the domain exactly and is not self-signed.|
|Enforce Only TLS on SMTP Delivery||Doesn't require a certificate.|
- Send encrypted email using Advanced Email Security.
- Here are ways you can customize Advanced Email Security.