Edit files in cPanel hosting
Here's how to use the cPanel File Manager to edit the contents of any text-based files on your cPanel hosting account.
Note: Before making changes, we recommend creating a copy of your files.
- Log in to your GoDaddy cPanel hosting account. (Need help opening your account?)
- In the top left-hand corner of the account Dashboard, select File Manager.
- In the cPanel File Manager page, use the directory tree to browse to the file you want to edit.
- Right-click the file and select Edit from the popup menu.
- (Optional) Select any encoding options you want to use and then click Edit.
- Edit your file, and then click Save Changes.
- Click Close to go back to the main File Manager page.
- Visit the cPanel documentation for File Manager for help.